£34613 - £46151 per annum.
dependent on skills and experience + competitive benefits package
Date added: 21/06/17
Closing date: 25/07/17
- A Visual Designer at our Nationwide Studio, based at either our Swindon or Bristol office, with some expected travel across both locations.
- £34,613 - £46,151 dependent on skills and experience + competitive benefits package
- Permanent opportunity working 35 hours per week
- Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link along with your CV to complement your application
What started with Charles Cooper’s quiet revolution of 1884 – to help ordinary people buy their own homes – has grown into the Nationwide Building Society of today.
We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry, and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We’re owned by our members, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do. To support them digitally, we have a clear strategy backed by a significant commitment to transform our technology platforms and the products and services we provide.
To help us get there we’re looking for a talented and energetic Visual Designer to join our Experience Design team, in central Bristol.
Who we're looking for
You will have –
- Demonstrable experience of designing experiences and services - preferably with big name clients in a studio or agency environment
- A developing knowledge of visual and interaction design and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create delightful experiences and services
- The ability to bring things to life in different ways – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
- An attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft
- The ability to identify opportunities to enhance experiences and be able to help us design the right things, the right way
- A desire to share your design capabilities with those around you
- An aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
What you'll be doing
Working as a member of the Visual Design team you’ll –
- Use your visual and interaction design skills to create experiences that engage and solve the needs of those that come into contact with them
- Be involved in customer research to uncover the problems our customers and colleagues are facing
- Be accountable for consistency, creativity and design integrity
- Ensure our standards and principles are adhered to at all times, raising challenges to senior team members where appropriate to make sure they evolve and are iterated
- Help curate the Nationwide visual and interaction design pattern libraries and guidelines
- Share your opinions and experiences. And work tirelessly to drive up the quality and craft in everything you deliver
You’ll have the benefit of being mentored and supervised by the Senior Manager, Visual Design – they’ll ensure you make the most of your potential by developing and supporting you.