UI/UX Designer – Front End Developer
£30000 - £40000 per annum.
Date added: 01/06/17
- Within this role your focus will be equally split between design and styling
- Collaborate with our wider user experience and development stakeholders to define and implement innovative solutions for product direction, visuals and experience
- Contribute to evolving our style and design practice, processes and tools
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Sketch, wireframe and prototype to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Contribute towards establishing and improving design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Challenge and improve the skills within the team
- Update and contribute to the visualisation of your team’s work-flow
This position combines working within a multifaceted and fast paced technology team supporting a powerful portfolio of best-in-class applications.
We are looking for someone who can collaborate with wider user experience and development teams, defining and implementing innovative solutions for product direction, visuals and experience.
Focusing on the user experience the role is needed to plan, design and style intuitive user interfaces across new developments and improvements to our existing portfolio of digital platforms and technologies.
Have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI and UX skills and translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Skills & Requirements
- Proven UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows and prototypes
- Proficiency in Balsamiq and other visual design and wire-framing tools such as Axure.
- Proficiency in HTML .
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Angular JS framework and MVC
About Intergraph UK Ltd
Intergraph Process, Power & Marine (PP&M) offers challenging work and a global team environment where your opinion counts. We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including opportunities for professional development and learning.
Joel Test score: 8 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?