Front-end Web Developer
£50000 - £60000 per annum.
Date added: 05/06/17
We’re building technology that enables the big stores to operate as a single digital marketplace, with all of the advantages of a marketplace for smaller retailers (Amazon and Etsy); 1 stop shop, easy comparison, single checkout.
To do this we need to first amalgamate 3 million products from the top 200 retailers and make sense of them. We need to understand what a product is, it’s true availability (sizes, in stock), how it relates to other products (for comparison) and who to show it to (relevance).
We achieve this using various search, image recognition, macro, AI and API technologies. Over the past twelve months we have built a robust, horizontally-scalable and performant back-end infrastructure that processes over 3 million items per day.
Please only apply if you are eligible to work in the UK.
Please only apply if you are willing to relocate.
This is a senior position so please only apply if you have a minimum of 3 years commercial experience with the required technologies.
Skills & Requirements
In the pipeline:
- We have a prototype React.js app in progress and aim to move from Symfony to React in the near future.
- JS unit testing
Ideal skill set:
- CSS3 and HTML5
- Responsive design techniques
- ES5 & ES6
- jQuery to pure DOM scripting
- Task runners - Webpack and Gulp
- Frameworks - React.js
- Good knowledge of web performance and how it relates to SEO (techniques such as critical CSS, non render-blocking assets, image compression and other performance metrics)
- A good knowledge of cross-browser/cross-device testing
- Accessibility / WAI-ARIA
- Experience with version control (GIT)
Nice to haves:
- React, Redux and Universal Rendering
- Progressive web application techniques
- SVG and CSS Animations
Octer is one of the hottest start-ups in the mobile technology space. We have one ambition:
To make online shopping simple.
In March 2014 investors backed this vision to the tune of $1m in 24hrs on the crowdfunding site, Seedrs. We followed up with a similar round in the summer of 2015.
With this backing and our drive and determination we are making it simpler for consumers to get what they want, and simpler for big retailers to find their new customers. We have an awesome team, work in a fun environment and are tackling the biggest issues in shopping which affect hundreds of millions of consumers.
We have great benefitsLovely open offices in Central London, Monitor and comfy chair, Competitive salaries, Bike Storage and The Cauldron of Fun